Global Protocol for Community-Scale Greenhouse Gas Emission Inventories (GPC).
The GPC provides a robust framework for accounting and reporting city-wide greenhouse gas emissions. It seeks to:
- Help cities develop a comprehensive and robust greenhouse gas inventory in order to support climate action planning
- Help cities establish a base year emissions inventory, set reduction targets, and track their performance
- Ensure consistent and transparent measurement and reporting of greenhouse gas emissions between cities, following internationally recognized greenhouse gas accounting and reporting principles
- Enable city inventories to be aggregated at subnational and national levels
- Demonstrate the important role that cities play in tackling climate change, and facilitate insight through benchmarking – and aggregation – of comparable data